850-hp Twin-Screw Towboat, M/V “Melissa R”
This boat was originally manufactured in 1956, official number 271983. It was dry-docked and completely refurbished upon purchase by the present owner in 2004, at National Maintenance in Paducah, KY.
- Approximate hull dimensions: 57 ft x 20 ft x 7 ft (17.4 m x 6.1 m x 2.1 m)
- Main diesel engines: 2 ea. Caterpillar DC353E, total power approximately 850 hp (634 kW)
- Reduction gear drives: Twin Disc 4.087:1
- 60″ diameter pitch props
- Generators: (1) Lima 30-kW, Detroit 3-53 and (1) Lima 30-kW, Detroit 2-53
2004 refurbishing project consisted of the following:
- Underwater shafts, bearings, steering rudders, and flanking rudders all repaired or replaced.
- Props were repaired at Missouri Dry Dock and Repair.
- All cutless and bronze bearings in the struts, stern tubes, rudder trunks, and steering jockey bars were replaced.
- All skin coolers providing cooling water to the engines were removed and replaced.
- The hull was sandblasted and coated with coal tar epoxy.
- The upper deck, deckhouse, and all attachments were sandblasted and coated with two coats of epoxy.
- All space air-conditioning and heating systems were replaced.
- All flooring in cabin spaces was replaced.
- The boat was equipped with all proper lighting and navigational instrumentation.
Now available for inspection on the Tennessee River in southwest Tennessee
Asking Price: $430,000
There are no reviews yet.